Answer following questions in 5+ sentences.
Your answers will be graded on:
– Answer content being appropriate to the question
– Quotes and/or references to the readings (where relevant). I am not particular about this as long as your answers display critical thinking and awareness of the issue in hand.
– Proofread before you submit. Random spelling/grammatical errors will be overlooked.Consistent errors will result in a penalty
– You may also refer to popular culture and/or your own experiences as you write.
- This appeared a few months ago in the local newspaper.What thoughts do you have on this? https://www.journal-news.com/news/oxford-apologies-for-said-she-said-tweet/wVxWzZ0nkdngqX8jNG5Z5H/
- How does an emphasis on purity and virginity serve to control women’s sexuality and maintain patriarchy?
- Disney films are often viewed as gendered/sexist/patriarchal to say the least.Read this short blog entry and offer your opinion with examples from movies you have watched.https://www.theodysseyonline.com/disney-and-gender-roles
- In case you haven’t heard this, Peloton created an ad for their $3000 or so exercise bike.Many people have been outraged by the fitness politics the ad supports.Watch the ad here and also read the brief article – https://www.vox.com/culture/2019/12/3/20993432/peloton-new-commercial-horror-movie.What do you think?Is Peloton really to blame?Or is this just another version of cancel culture?
- Have you ever watched John Oliver?He is a brilliant comedian who comments with evidence on his show “Last Week Tonight with John Oliver.”This link has five brief clips from his show.Choose any one and offer your thoughts.https://www.bustle.com/articles/181022-5-times-john-oliver-stood-up-for-feminist-issues-on-last-week-tonight
- How do patriarchal norms constitute a threat to women’s health?
- Do you think men and women of color have different experiences in the health care system? Is this a dangerous thing?
- How can a family be both a place of comfort and security and at the same time a place of conflict and violence?
- What conflicts do women face between work and family? What solutions can you offer to this? Or what alternatives can you offer to such a situation?
- Is it possible to say that women or transgender folks can find a sense of identity through religion?Is it possible for the gender-fluid to find a home in religion?
- Some feminists insist on calling acts of violence against women as hate crimes. Do you agree/disagree?Explain.
- Why do you think violence against women is so pervasive in our society?
- How do you think religion has been both empowering and oppressive for women?
- This has been in the news in the past.Do you see it as problematic?https://www.npr.org/2018/12/11/675691750/texas-judge-sentences-former-baylor-frat-president-to-sidestep-rape-charge
Answer any two of these questions. Follow the rules given for the above set of questions for maximum points.
- Read and watch the clips on this link – https://mic.com/articles/94844/rape-culture-is-everywhere-our-children-can-see-watch-your-favorite-movies-prove-it#.7WBoZpZZr Do you agree with the points this article brings up? Why or why not? Explain in detail.
- The # Me Too movement has been in the news for a while now. The article on the following link takes a close look at it – https://www.theatlantic.com/entertainment/archive/2017/10/the-movement-of-metoo/542979/ What have you learned from this article? What does this movement mean to you? Is this a true revolution? Do you think all the men accused have not been treated fairly? Explain in detail.
- Do you watch any reality tv? If so, what kind of sexual relationships do you see – heterosexual/homosexual and so on? How does race, social class, and sexual identity play a role
- The growth of technology has created a new form for sexual expression – cybersex. You can create a persona, meet someone online and so on. Is this a safer form of sex? Does it create new problems such as isolation, harassment, addiction, and infidelity? What are the pros and cons? Discuss in detail
"Place your order now for a similar assignment and have exceptional work written by our team of experts, guaranteeing you A results."