“Ignorance of the law is no excuse”
2. Explore the impact of legal factors influencing healthcare delivery & practice.
This week you will become familiar with some basic legal principles that govern nursing, because, it is important for nurses to be familiar with the laws that they will be held accountable for knowing.
(Please Note: This activity takes the place of the 3-hour class that all hybrid students attend. It is expected that this activity will take the same amount of time that the class would. Remember that citations within your answers and references at the end are always required for full points.)
- Watch the following video: Video of a legal trial – (Links to an external site.)MedProGroup, (n.d.). Dramatization of a healthcare liability trial. Retrieved from https://www.medpro.com/mock-trial
- In your own words, answer the questions below
The answers to this week’s questions can be found by going to the online library and searching for the following e-book: Grant, P. D., & Ballard, D. C. (2013). Fast facts about nursing and the law: Law for nurses in a nutshell. Springer Publishing Company. Link (Links to an external site.)
Use(pp. 29-39) to answer the following question:
1. Choose 5 of the Areas of Nursing Malpractice (from the reading) that you think would be the most common and describe them in your own words.
2. Discuss what you learned from watching the video.
Grant, P. D., & Ballard, D. C. (2013). Fast facts about nursing and the law: Law for nurses in a nutshell. Springer Publishing Company.
"Place your order now for a similar assignment and have exceptional work written by our team of experts, guaranteeing you A results."