As health care consumers, we all expect quality care and positive outcomes. It is important as professionals that we meet these demands of health care consumers. Consider the work of the major theorists you examined in this week’s Resources, and think about how these theories apply to your own experience as a health care customer and/or practitioner.
Post your definition of quality, and apply it to the work of one major quality theorist (e.g., Donabedian, Juran, Deming, Triple Aim (IHI) – Berwick). Identify a practice problem that you have had some experience with as a customer or as a practitioner, and explain how eliminating wasteful practices could have improved the experience. Include how your definition of quality applies to that experience.
Spath, P. (2018). Introduction to healthcare quality management (3rd ed.). Chicago, IL: Health Administration Press.
- Chapter 1, “Focus on Quality” (pp. 1–12)
- Chapter 2, “Quality Management Building Blocks” (pp. 13–34)
- Preview Chapter 3, “Measuring Performance” (pp. 43–46)
Yoder-Wise, P. S. (2019). Leading and managing in nursing (7th ed.). St. Louis, MO: Mosby.
- Chapter 1, “Leading, Managing, and Following” (pp. 1-18)
- Chapter 2, “Clinical Safety: The Core of Leading, Managing and Following” (pp. 19-31)
"Place your order now for a similar assignment and have exceptional work written by our team of experts, guaranteeing you A results."