In this assignment, follow the steps below and apply CAPM regression analysis (the Single Index Model) to examine stocks and give a conclusion if a stock is a good investment or not in the long run.
1. Pick three stocks (not including the ones that I attached ) you are interested in to analyze.
2. For each stock, apply the CAPM regression analysis in Excel:
- Collect historical price data from Yahoo! Finance for the stocks, for market return, and for risk-free return.
- You can examine the data of the stocks you pick in the past 6 months, 1 year, 2 years, 5 years any period you like. Make sure your conclusion is consistent with your testing period.
- Use daily rate of return for analysis.
- Construct appropriate X and Y series.
- Do the CAPM regression using a scatter chart. Include the trendline and regression equation in the chart.
3. Write a brief detailed report in a word file. Include the three charts you generate in Excel. Identify the Jensens alpha and historical beta for each stock. You do not need to calculate the future beta. Reach a conclusion for each stock based on your testing period, alpha and beta information, and briefly explain your conclusion:
1000 words at least
- Is this stock a good investment?
- Why is it a good/bad investment?
- What is your strategy, long or short?
submit both word and excel file
"Place your order now for a similar assignment and have exceptional work written by our team of experts, guaranteeing you A results."