you will be making a brochure of the National Park you most want to visit. This lab is going to be a contest. The idea is that your brochure should try to sell your classmates on the park you picked as most wanting to visit. You will upload your brochure to the discussions and your classmates will post a reply to the one student/brochure that made them want to go see the park. Your reply will be your vote. You will only be making your brochure and posting one reply this week. Your reply can be as brief as… you got my vote..or you can tell us why you voted for the brochure you did. You can add text, pictures or video to your brochure. Please use your imagination. There will be two winners. Class pick and my favorite. The winners will receive 10 extra points on their next lecture test grade. It doesn’t matter if two people pick the same park. Your vote will be for the brochure that most made you want to visit that park. You will need to go to the National Park Services website (NPS.gov). Once there you will go to “find a park”. The best way usually to find your park is to find a state (or any of the U.S. protectorates) you’d like to visit and then pick out a park from that states map. You may use a park that you’ve visited before. Remember you are trying to entice your classmates to want to visit your park…but this is an environmental class….. In other words, please don’t focus solely on the golf courses and amusement parks surrounding the park. You must post your original brochure by Wednesday February 24th at midnight to be considered for the extra points. You will still receive credit for the assignment as long as you post your original brochure before 11:59pm on Friday but you will not be considered for the extra points and will not receive full credit for the assignment. Be sure to check out the rubric if you have questions as to how the assignment is to be graded. Your replies should be posted by Friday February 26th at 11:59pm. I have made this assignment available to you on February 13th so you have more time to work on it.
I’ve included some questions that you might want to use in obtaining information for your brochure.
National Park Survey
- What National Park would you most like to visit?
- In what state is it located?
- During what season, or seasons, is it open?
- Why is this the park you would most like to visit?
- What would you consider its three most distinguishing features
- What are the entrance fees?
- What, if any, are the pressing environmental issues this park faces
- Are there any invasive species that the park is concerned with? If so, what are they?
- What are two major plant or animal species in the park?
- How many people visit the park annually?
- What year was your favorite park designated a park?
- What are three activities, or things, to do at this park?
- Is the park handicap accessible?
- What kind of lodging can you find in the park?
"Place your order now for a similar assignment and have exceptional work written by our team of experts, guaranteeing you A results."