DQ1: Prior to beginning work on this discussion, read Chapters 9 and 10 of the textbook, and the web page The 10 NAEYC Program Standards (Links to an external site.). A large part of growing as a leader is reflecting on ones knowledge and skills and developing in areas of opportunity.
For this first part of this discussion forum, post, as an attachment, your PowerPoint or Prezi presentation from the Week 4 Leadership and Management Presentation assignment. Enter the topic or title of your PowerPoint presentation into the subject line and body of your post.
For the second part of this discussion, review the BA-ECEA Conceptual Framework, and complete the following requirements for your discussion post:
- Explain how your Leadership and Management Presentation is aligned with the BA-ECEA Conceptual Framework.
- Analyze what areas of the Conceptual Framework are demonstrated in your Leadership and Management Presentation.
- Discuss how the BA-ECEA Conceptual Framework is important to understand as both a student in the BA-ECEA program, as well as an Early Childhood Education Leader.
DQ2: Creating and maintaining high-quality programs is the main goal of early childhood education leaders. Three important characteristics of effective program assessment practices include defining quality as a continuum rather than a finish line; creating a program assessment process that looks at the entire program (including administrative functions); and including the input of all stakeholders in the program assessment process.
In this discussion forum, you will focus on the first characteristic of defining quality as a continuum rather than a finish line, or as process not a product. This means, as the leader, you should constantly be assessing your program, reflecting on your program, and continually be involved in improving your program. Based on your completed philosophy and vision statements from Week 1, Discussion 1, describe what this assessment characteristic will mean to you and your center. Be sure to specify the age group you will focus on (infants, toddlers, or preschoolers).
Include the following:
- State the philosophy and vision of your center (including a short description so the reader can understand the age group, type of environment, and brief program description).
- Describe the top five key features of the program that you envision would be necessary to make your program considered high-quality.
- Explain how you will assess these five key features in the short term.
- Develop a continual assessment and improvement plan of how you will advance these five key features for the long term.
"Place your order now for a similar assignment and have exceptional work written by our team of experts, guaranteeing you A results."