You are employed at a large, global, high-tech company that has offices worldwide in places such as Tokyo, London, Bombay, Toronto, Mexico City, Chicago, and Seattle, to name a few. Although sales have been reasonable these past few months even with the global economic crises, an internal crisis exists related to employee morale being at an all-time low. There are many different beliefs about what is right and what is wrong across the board, especially when it comes to the cultural and communication differences and the technological equipment challenges. There are also concerns regarding the selfishness of the employees, where the employees do not enjoy working as a team.
Your supervisor has tasked you, as the as the VP of the Service Department, to prepare a research paper that will communicate information and solutions as well as provide a foundation of knowledge so that you can work with your peers and employees to solve these problems. At a minimum, your research paper must include the following:
- What steps can management take to make the teams cohesive? Evaluate the steps that are necessary in this scenario to create high-performing teams.
- Evaluate the importance of the internal environmental factors that include the cultural, language, political, and technological differences that will affect the team-building process.
- What can be done to overcome the communication barriers between locations? What are the best practices that should be implemented going forward?
Present your findings as a Word document of 3–5 pages formatted in APA style.
Submitting your assignment in APA format means, at a minimum, you will need the following:
- Title page: Remember the running head and title in all capital letters.
- Abstract: This is a summary of your paper, not an introduction. Begin writing in third-person voice.
- Body: The body of your paper begins on the page following the title page and abstract page, and it must be double-spaced between paragraphs. The typeface should be 12-pt. Times Roman or 12-pt. Courier in regular black type. Do not use color, bold type, or italics except as required for APA level headings and references. The deliverable length of the body of your paper for this assignment is 3–4 pages. In-text academic citations to support your decisions and analysis are required. A variety of academic sources is encouraged.
- Reference page: References that align with your in-text academic sources are listed on the final page of your paper. The references must be in APA format using appropriate spacing, hang indention, italics, and upper- and lower-case usage as appropriate for the type of resource used. Remember, the reference page is not a bibliography, but it is a further listing of the abbreviated in-text citations used in the paper. Every referenced item must have a corresponding in-text citation.
Please submit your assignment.
Your assignment will be graded in accordance with the following criteria: Click here to view the grading rubric.
For assistance with your assignment, please use your text, Web resources, and all course materials.
If you are planning to repurpose an assignment or submit one you have used before, please let your instructor know. If an instructor is not made aware of work being repurposed or reused, he or she will treat the assignment as a plagiarized task and reserves the right to post an F grade and submit a task for review to administration until proof of originality is provided. Click here for more information.
The following are some tips if you have problems submitting your assignment:
- Resave in the proper format per the Assignment Detail instructions, and resubmit.
- Submit with a different Web browser.
- Submit from a different computer.
- Call Technical Support at 877-221-5800, Menu Option 2. They are open 24/7.
- If you are still having difficulties after trying steps 1 to 4, please contact your course instructor.
Make sure you submit this assignment by the listed due date. Late deductions will apply for this assignment as follows:
- Assignments submitted within 7 calendar days after the stated due date: 10% penalty of total assignment points.
- Assignments submitted 8 to 14 calendar days after the stated due date: 20% penalty of total assignment points.
- Assignments submitted 15 to 21 calendar days after the stated due date: 30% penalty of total assignment points.
- Assignments submitted 22 to 28 calendar days after the stated due date: 40% penalty of total assignment points.
- No assignments, including late assignments, will be accepted after the end of the course unless an approved Incomplete has been granted.
Looking for tutoring?Free, online, 24/7 tutoring on a variety of subjects. Go to Smarthinking >>
"Place your order now for a similar assignment and have exceptional work written by our team of experts, guaranteeing you A results."