To reflect on what you are doing for self-care and design a weekly self-care plan.
Self-care is defined as “actions an individual might take in order to reach optimal physical and mental health” (GoodTherapy, 2019). Engaging in activities that you vies as self-care should make you feel relaxed, rejuvenated or energized, rather than depleted, depressed, angry, or defeated. Self-care might seem selfish, however several studies show that individuals who engage in practices of self-care are more resilient and better able to cope with everyday challenges. Therefore, it is especially important to have a self-care plan when we are in the midst of a global pandemic, economic crisis, and renewed interest in dismantling systemic oppression.
- In your own words, what does self-care mean?
- Growing up, how was self-care viewed within your family (did your parents practice self-care or talk to you about self-care)?
- Think of your weekly routine and describe what you do for self-care. If you don’t do anything, please state this.
- What are 2 things you want to start doing for self-care? Explain why you chose these and how you think it will help you achieve optimal physical and/or mental well-being.
- How will you ensure you make time for yourself at least once a week moving forward?
- Comment on a classmates recommendations for #4 above.
"Place your order now for a similar assignment and have exceptional work written by our team of experts, guaranteeing you A results."