I’m working on a communications writing question and need a sample draft to help me study.
(see Week 4b Zoom Recording for discussion – Thursday, April 22):
In the coming week, you will begin narrowing your focus as you work toward your final project. Youll do this by making a pitch. Actually, youll be pitching two ideas for this assignment.
A pitch is a description of a potential story or project for which youd like to gain support, distribution, etc.
Your task is to consider the following with attention to what most interests you, what you think really matters, and what you think you have some ability to accomplish:
- What did you notice when reviewing others lists? Can you pick up some new ideas?
- What did you learn from feedback given by your peers? How can you use it to develop and strengthen your pitch?
- When you were creating your initial list, were any ideas more or less important to you? Consider why. Try to push your thinking here. Where is your energy and curiosity? Is there confusion? How can you address it?
- Take a look back at the YR Media pitch guidelines for inspiration:
https://yr.media/diy/diy-perfecting-the-pitch/ (Links to an external site.)
or you can check out this earlier version from 2015 (it includes a few more resources):
https://yr.media/diy/diy-toolkit-how-to-pitch-a-story/ (Links to an external site.)
Keep in mind that there are many kinds of pitches. You can pitch a potential news story to journalism outlet. You can pitch a project to a foundation to secure funding. You can pitch a script to a movie producer. You can pitch a communication strategy to an advertising agency. You can pitch a web design to a community organization. The list goes on. If you have one of these in mind, do a search for samples of effective versions of these varied kinds of pitches.
Assignment Details (this is what you’re responsible to submit)
Each idea you pitch should address the following:
- Why does it matter to a community?
- Why does it matter to you?
- What is the specific context, and what are the relevant details?
- What format do you propose and why?
- Why are you the person for the job?
Each pitch should be 250-400 words.
"Place your order now for a similar assignment and have exceptional work written by our team of experts, guaranteeing you A results."