For this Discussion, first view the videos below. In chapter 5 you can read about women in society during the time. I believe that it starts on page 143 depending on your edition. Then read the Daughters of Liberty articles. Finally, review the articles about women today.
- Based on your reading and viewing, summarize women’s roles, rights and feelings about their place in home, society, and even war during this time. Give examples based on what you have read and what you learned from the videos.
- Pick one of the Daughters of Liberty mentioned in the articles below. Briefly introduce her and use her story to support what you have written.
- Abigail Adams (wife to John Adams) implored her husband in a letter to “remember the ladies,” when writing the constitution for these new United States. Here is a link to an article if you want to know more abour her letter. (Links to an external site.) Why do you think the men (our newly formed government) did not “remember the ladies?” Did roles seem to change for women at all during the time of the Revolutionary War?
- Do you think our government or leaders today “remembers the ladies?” Why or why not? To help you identify women’s rights issue today, here is a link to the the ACLU sees as current issues. (Links to an external site.)Or you might want to see what Christianity Today sees as women’s issues (Links to an external site.).
- Remember to submit at least two full thoughtful detailed paragraphs for your discussion. I am looking for quality work. Remember this is a conversation. You will also need to respond to a classmate with one full thoughtful, detailed paragraph. Be respectful of differing opinions please.
- Be sure to read the directions for Discussions on the Syllabus before submitting.
You are the historian for this discussion, so use facts, evidence and examples to support your conversation.
Scroll through entire article to see all of your options for a Daughter of Liberty you want to use to support your research about women during the time. Remember if you use outside sources to know more about the Daughter of Liberty you choose, you must cite your source and give proper credit.
Daughters of Liberty article from the History of Mass (Links to an external site.). Also a great article to help with your submission.
"Place your order now for a similar assignment and have exceptional work written by our team of experts, guaranteeing you A results."