Throughout this course, we have discussed various aspects of the logistics network, including warehousing, transportation, and distribution considerations. We have also looked at challenges in transportation, end-to-end requirements from manufactured goods to customer needs, and considerations for transportation planning and execution strategies within supply chain management systems. Finally, we reviewed reverse logistics. For this final project, you will utilize the knowledge that you have gained on these subjects and complete the following:
- Choose a global manufacturing firm and write a 7 to 10- page’s analyzing the transportation, warehousing, and distribution activities of that firm. In that paper, you will address the following topics:
- Identify the firm and explain the product characteristics of goods sold by that company. Explain how those product characteristics can impact inventory control decisions in warehouse operations.
- Identify how the product packaging and handling considerations will influence the distribution process as your chosen firms products move throughout the distribution chain.
- Analyze how government regulations might impact the distribution of goods in the domestic and global market where your chosen firm operates.
- Identify the intermodal freight network that would be utilized in your firms distribution network.
- Examine the role that logistics providers play regarding transportation planning and execution strategies for your chosen firm.
- Analyze how impact reverse logistics impacts operations within the supply chain system for your chosen firm.
- You must use at least four scholarly sources.
- Ensure that your thesis statement is aligned with the requirements for this assignment and clearly lets your reader know what you are going to discuss in your paper.
- Your 7-10 page paper must be double-spaced using 12 pt. Times New Roman font.
- You should use APA formatted headings to organize your paper and to present main topics.
- Please take note of the items below as you select external/scholarly sources for this assignment.
"Place your order now for a similar assignment and have exceptional work written by our team of experts, guaranteeing you A results."