1.From our readings,is anger always harmful to health? Why do you say that?
2. In the case of stress, what is one thing that helps a person counteract the damages of (dis-)stress?
3. Two of your fellow students here have recently met and are starting to know each other romantically after being introduced by a mutual (matchmaking) friend. They feel a strong sexual attraction for each other. One night they are driving to a party, already tired and hungry, when they get lost. Panicked over being in a strange and dangerous part of town, they begin arguing over directions. A pouring rain begins. Of course their car stalls, and they get soaking wet walking miles for help. They feel really afraid to be in this situation.
The next day they decide they now are not at all attracted sexually to each other, and never want to see each other again!! Considering this situation in terms of mind-body psychology and the sympathetic/parasympathetic systems, why aren’t these 2 sexually attracted to one another any longer?
4. Extend the research of Stallen et al to the problem of worldpeace. How might Stallen’s research be applied?
5. The mind influences body reactions, according to Ray. According to Ray what are 3 ways the mind influences the body?
6. Kiersten never gets enough sleep before holidays (getting ready for visitors, shopping), but does not get sick then. After the holiday is over she usually get sick. What may be going on?
7. What was the most interesting thing you learned in this class this semester? What topic that you were interested in (related to this course) did we NOT talk about?
8. Very briefly describe the placebo effect. How does it relate to body-mind psychology?
9. What would you hypothesize about the in-group conformity of individuals who are not responsive to oxytocin?
10. Do other cultures’ healing systems make use of the mind/body relation in healing? Give an example,perhaps from the cases you read
"Place your order now for a similar assignment and have exceptional work written by our team of experts, guaranteeing you A results."