For 3 points, write up to 300 words to justify the case for one side of the following debate
Pro: All too often, legislation supported by majorities in both the House and Senate is
thwarted by procedural means like the Hastert rule and the filibuster. A good way to
correct this problem would be to give the president authority to require a yes or no vote
twice a year on a piece of legislation he or she deems essential. This wouldnt apply to
everything, but rather to just truly important matters. In the 21 st century, patience with
essential legislation is a luxury that good governance cannot afford.
Con: Giving the president authority to require a yes or no vote on legislation by
Congress would violate the sacred principle of separation of powers in the USA.
Congresss independence from the president, and its ability to be very deliberative and
cautious in enacting legislation, have proven key to protecting Americans from the worst
abuses of government. It would be a mistake to override normal congressional
procedures by giving presidents the right to fast-track special legislation.
For 2 more points, write a response of up to 150 words to something posted on the
other side of the issue
discussion Post Expectation
– Clearly state which side of the debate you are on.
– Provide at least 3 arguments for why you chose the respective side.
– If you have difficulty in coming up with 3 arguments, provide additional examples that illustrate your understanding of the debate topic and support your view on the debate.
– Stick to the debate at hand. While background to the issue is important, keep it concise and focus on arguing why you chose the respective side.
Response Post Expectation:
– Respond to someone who has the opposite stand relative to your view.
– Provide at least 2 counter arguments referencing the arguments made by the person you are responding to. Don’t just say that you do not agree with their point of view. Support your disagreement with appropriate counter arguments (at least 2)
– If you have difficulty in coming up with 2 counter-arguments, provide additional examples that counter the view of the person you are responding to.
Write everything by ur own words. Give me ur answer in one day and reply in one day. Ur answer must follow the format. No reference plz.
"Place your order now for a similar assignment and have exceptional work written by our team of experts, guaranteeing you A results."