Each student will write a paper about an interactive product they have used. An interactive product is a product (i.e. system, technology, environment, tool, application, service, device) that requires users to interact with it. Examples include a smartphone, fitness tracker, tablet, computer/laptop, coffee machine, ticket machine, printer, e-reader, smart TV, smartwatch, game console, mobile app, workplace system, or website. The goal of the paper is to evaluate an interactive product. The paper should discuss the following:
• Briefly describe the product. Describe the purpose of the product from the perspective of at least one primary user/stakeholder group – 5pts
• Identify user requirements (user needs), and potential types of users of the product. Give an
overview of the human-computer interaction process (i.e. based on the product’s design, discuss how users are expected to interact with the product). You may put a few, critical screen captures in the paper if you want to do so – 15pts
• Identify one functional, one non-functional, one data and one environment requirement (discussed in Chapter 11), and your fit criterion for each type of requirement to ensure it is met – 20pts
• Consider the interface metaphor(s) if present, interaction type(s) and interface type(s) of the
product. Are there any interaction issues? What could be done to address them? – 10pts
• Imagine you are planning a controlled usability study. How would you do it (what would steps
would you carry out with the participants)? What would you need to conduct the usability study?
What sort of data would you collect, and how would you analyze it? – 20pts
• Discuss two usability goals and two user experience goals that you think will be most relevant in
evaluating the device, and their fit criteria – 10pts
• Describe what is good and bad about the way the interactive product works – 15pts
o Highlight any cognitive-processing problems – for example, with respect to attention,
memory processes, mental models, learning, etc.
o Discuss any violations of design principles
• Based on the above analysis, what are your recommendations for improving the product, and why?
The paper must be at least 3-6 pages in length (required page length does not include the title page or
reference page), single spacing, with at least three references. The paper and slides are due in Blackboard
Students will present live in class a summary of their paper via
Blackboard Collaborate (order of presentations will be random).
Presentations should be no longer than 5-10 minutes
"Place your order now for a similar assignment and have exceptional work written by our team of experts, guaranteeing you A results."