Summarize the following podcast featuring Mellody Hobson on diversity in the workplace.
A summary is a short explanation of the main ideas in a text. Learning to summarize is a very important skill. It takes a careful reading of a text to write a good summary, and writing a good summary will illustrate your level of comprehension of a text, or in this case podcast.
When you write a summary, you are answering the question, What was the article, or lecture, or story, or video really about? Summaries vary in length depending upon the purpose of the summary and/or scope of the specific assignment given. A general summary differs from a detailed summary in that fewer supporting details are stated.
- Report the overall topic right away
- Begin with the name of the essay and the author
- Write in present tense
- Describe the main points covered in the text
- Include supporting details as needed depending upon the length and depth of the summary desired
- Mention any important conclusions drawn
- Use reporting verbs (see list below) to show that these are the author’s ideas, not yours
- include your own opinion about the text
- include quotations from the original text
- exceed half the length of the original text
presents, reports on, deals with, focuses on, examines, covers, describes, addresses
states, claims, argues, criticizes, describes, concluded
"Place your order now for a similar assignment and have exceptional work written by our team of experts, guaranteeing you A results."