- Based on the requirements of the Sarbanes-Oxley Act and SEC reporting requirements for publicly traded companies, write a 45 page paper in which you:
- Evaluate the critical elements of accounting quality. Compare and contrast balance sheet quality with earnings quality. Explain why both are important to financial statement readers.
- Share one example of earnings management, explaining how it might be perpetrated and ways that investors might detect such behavior.
- Examine the role of the executive leadership team (e.g., CEO and CFO) in establishing an ethical environment and corporate culture that promotes high-quality financial reporting.
- Assess the potential consequences for a publicly traded company when accounting quality is inadequate. Explain how management might minimize those consequences.
- Evaluate the requirements of the Sarbanes-Oxley Act regarding accounting quality, indicating whether the current provisions are adequate to protect stakeholders. Support your position.
- Use at least five quality academic resources in this assignment. Note: Wikipedia and similar websites do not qualify as academic resources. You have access to Strayer Universitys Online Library at the iCampus University Library Research page.
This course requires the use of Strayer Writing Standards. For assistance and information, please refer to the Strayer Writing Standards link in the left-hand menu of your course.The specific course learning outcome associated with this assignment is:
- Assess the role of leadership in promoting high-quality financial reporting that meets federal requirements.
"Place your order now for a similar assignment and have exceptional work written by our team of experts, guaranteeing you A results."