This assignment consists of two (2) sections: aninfrastructure document and a revised Gantt chart or project plan. Youmust submit both sections as separate files for the completion of thisassignment. Label each file name according to the section of theassignment it is written for. Additionally, you may create and / orassume all necessary assumptions needed for the completion of thisassignment.
The infrastructure which encompasses the networksolution and security considerations is a major consideration for yourcompany. Considering that the company will be expanding from one (1)floor to three (3) floors in the very near future you, as the CIO, areresponsible for the design of the infrastructure and security protocols.You have been tasked with designing a network that is stable,redundant, and scalable. In addition, speed and reliability areimportant considerations.
Assumptions should be drawn regardingnetwork usage in relationship to network services and resources. All theestablished criteria that were set at the onset should be adhered towithin your plan. The network solution that is chosen should support theconceived information system and allow for scalability. The networkinfrastructure will support organizational operations; therefore, apictorial view of workstations, servers, routers, bridges, gateways, andaccess points should be used. In addition, access paths for Internetaccess should be depicted. Additionally, the security of the networkshould be in the forefront of your design because protecting your datais a primary consideration.
Section 1: Infrastructure Document
- Write a five (5) page infrastructure document in which you:
- Justify and support the relationship between infrastructureand security as it relates to this data-collection and analysis company.
- Present the rationale for the logical and physical topographical layout of the planned network.
- Design a logical and physical topographical layout of thecurrent and planned network through the use of graphical tools inMicrosoft Word or Visio, or an open source alternative such as Dia.Note: The graphically depicted solution is not included in the requiredpage length.
- Illustrate the possible placement of servers including accesspaths to the Internet, intrusion detection systems (IDS), andfirewalls. Note: Facility limitations, workstations, databases,printers, routers, switches, bridges, and access points should beconsidered in the illustration.
- Create and describe a comprehensive security policy for this data-collection and analysis company that will:
- Protectthe company infrastructure and assets by applying the principals ofconfidentiality, integrity, and availability (CIA). Note: CIA is awidely used benchmark for evaluation of information systems security,focusing on the three (3) core goals of confidentiality, integrity, andavailability of information.
- Addressethical aspects related to employee behavior, contractors, passwordusage, and access to networked resources and information.
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
- Betyped, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), withone-inch margins on all sides; citations and references must follow SWSor school-specific format. Check with your professor for any additionalinstructions.
- Includea cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’sname, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The coverpage and the reference page are not included in the required assignmentpage length.
- Includecharts or diagrams created in MS Visio or Dia as an appendix of theinfrastructure document. All references to these diagrams must beincluded in the body of the infrastructure document.
Section 2: Revised Project Plan
Use Microsoft Project to:
- Updatethe project plan from Project Deliverable 4: Analytics, Interfaces, andCloud Technology, with three to five (3-5) new project tasks eachconsisting of five to ten (5-10) sub-tasks.
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
- Develop information systems-related activities to maximize the business value within and outside the organization.
- Demonstratean understanding of existing and emerging information technologies, thefunctions of IS, and its impact on the organizational operations.
- Evaluate the issues and challenges associated with information systems integration.
- Use technology and information resources to research issues in information systems.
- Writeclearly and concisely about strategic issues and practices in theinformation systems domain using proper writing mechanics and technicalstyle conventions.
"Place your order now for a similar assignment and have exceptional work written by our team of experts, guaranteeing you A results."