1. Define the dependent and independent variables in this research question then use a bivariate linear probability model to test the effect of the treatment. Put the regression output in its own tab, and in that tab answer the next three questions.
2. How much of the variation in drinks is explained by pt02?
3. Is there a statistically significant relationship between pt02 and drinks? Assume alpha=.05
4. Interpret the coefficient estimate from #1 in a sentence.
5. Now, run a multivariate regression including the other independent variables, and put that in its own tab, then answer the next two questions.
6. Compare the coefficient estimate for pt02 in this new model to the estimate yielded by the bivariate model. Do your conclusions change?
7. Is pt02 correlated with any of the other independent variables in the model? Is there a reason to think it should or should not be?
Please answer these questions in the attached excel file itself. This is how the variables have been coded:
Variable name label
Female Identity as Female?(Yes=1/No=0)
Gpa What’s your GPA?-Round to the Nearest Tenth
Age How old are you?(In Years)
Pt02 Assigned to the BrAC= .02 group in the alcohol testing question
Drink Reported Number of Drinks in the Alcohol Testing Question
"Place your order now for a similar assignment and have exceptional work written by our team of experts, guaranteeing you A results."