I’m working on a english writing question and need a sample draft to help me study.
Each response should be about 1 paragraph in length to fully answer the questions. (Except for questions 1 & 2) Think critically! (Double spaced 12 point font)
Select a piece of information from the media. This can be from the radio, television, newspaper, or from a magazine. It can be a news story, or an advertisement you see or hear.
Clearly and concisely provide a brief summary of the piece of information and how you obtained it.
Answer the following questions. You should always ask yourself these questions when being presented with a piece of new information.
1. Who is the author of the information?
2. What is the time and place of this information? When/where is it taking place?
3. Is this information being used out of context? Is it being used in its entirety? Why or why not? Be specific and provide examples.
4. What information may be being omitted, manipulated, or changed? Be specific.
5. Who will gain from this information? Who does it help? Be specific.
6. Who will lose from it? Who does it hurt? Be specific.
7. Is it true? Why or why not? Provide examples to illustrate your point.
8. Who is funding this? Who promotes it? Be specific.
9. What do they want us to think and why? Be specific and give examples to illustrate your point.
10. Whose point of view is missing? How would adding this missing point of view change the situation? Be specific and give examples to illustrate your point.
11. After answering all of the following questions has your opinion of the information you selected changed at all? Why or why not? Explain and be specific.
"Place your order now for a similar assignment and have exceptional work written by our team of experts, guaranteeing you A results."