1.1 Top of the atmosphere energy budget
Which values come IN through the top of the atmosphere? What is the sum value of them?
Which values go OUT of the top of the atmosphere? What is the sum value of them?
1.2. Surface of Earth energy budget
Which values get absorbed at the surface of Earth (i.e., coming IN)? What is the sum value of them?
Which values are emitted by the surface of Earth (i.e., going OUT)? What is the sum value of them?
1.3. Energy budget of the Earths atmospheric layer
Which values get absorbed at the atmosphere of Earth (i.e., coming IN)? What is the sum value of them?
Which values are emitted by the atmosphere of Earth (i.e., going OUT)? What is the sum value of them?
2. What is sensible heat? What is latent heat?
3. What is Atmospheric Window?
4. Where does the extra 1 W m-2 energy go?
Part 2: Watching the Youtube documentary on “2020: The Year Of Climate Extremes | NBC Nightly News”, and answer the questions below.
Short essay question. Write at least a few sentences of your answer for each question below.
- What problem related to climate change is New York City facing? What kind of solution is the city trying to take?
- Describe what it looks like in wildfires in Australia? What kind of toll are the wildfires taking on animals and habitat?
- Describe the scene after the Tubbs fire in Santa Rosa, and how this wildfire impacted peoples lives. Can you write how wildfires in 2020 or 2019 affected your life? If you were not affected by it, have you heard stories from friends and families about how they were affected?
- How did Hurricane Laura and Delta impact cities and towns in Louisiana in 2020? How close in time were these two hurricanes (for example, are they 5 months apart, 3 months apart, etc.)?
- What can be seen from pictures of glaciers in Greenland? What will likely happen to the next century, for example, will we expect even faster or slower global warming than this century?
- If we lose ice cover in Greenland and Antarctica, how much sea level rise will we see?
"Place your order now for a similar assignment and have exceptional work written by our team of experts, guaranteeing you A results."