How you complete this 2-page paper:
- Find two samples of professional or academic writing from your major or your field. A scholarly journal article would work, a syllabus from one of your classes, other course materials, or other kinds of writing (NOT WRITTEN BY YOU) that represent a more professional voice, more sophisticated (industry related) subject matter, etc. These should not be very difficult to find.
- Provide the titles of these documents in a short introduction to this 2-page analysis.
- You dont need to post the samples.
- The main assignment: please write a 2-page, double-spaced analysis of how these authors establish credibility as seen in the writing and use of language and syntax. This should be a focus on the sentence-level writing (syntax, active voice, etc.) as well as the use of language and other conventions authors use to establish their ethos or credibility.
- Please refer to this weeks documents I discuss in the weekly lecture: “Teaching the Conventions of Academic Discourse” and the website from Lumen Learning. These two sources are found under our Writing Unit Readings.
- This is a 2-page analysis incorporating BOTH samples and BOTH sources. You can provide a short introduction for the reader but then discuss the ethos via the writing strategies used in these documents.
- Make ~4 specific references (note the reference, cite it in your writing) to the two sources (“Teaching the Conventions . . .” and Lumen Learning).
- You do not need a Works Cited page.
- source: https://courses.lumenlearning.com/suny-jeffersoncc…
"Place your order now for a similar assignment and have exceptional work written by our team of experts, guaranteeing you A results."