this discussion should be around a 100 – 200 words only
Drug decriminalization is a major issue in Canada and worldwide, with the debate often emphasizing the relationship between illegal drugs and crime. Different models for explaining this this relationship include:
- Psychopharmacological Model: Links drug use and crime through the adverse effects of intoxication on judgement, self-control, aggression, paranoia, and impulsivity.
- Economic-Compulsive Model: Explains how people turn to crime to acquire the money needed to buy drugs.
- Systematic Model: Focuses on the effects of drug criminalization and prohibition on creating an illegal drug distribution market and encouraging peoples participation in criminal behaviours.
Read and watch some of the resources below to learn more about the topic of drug decriminalization in order to construct an integrated theory explaining the relationship between drugs and crime. Feel free to browse for and use other resources. Draw from some ideas, concepts, theories, and perspectives weve covered so far in this course to construct your integrated theory of drugs and crime, such as:
- Individual and social factors
- Process and structural factors
- Micro and macro factors
- Psychological and sociological factors
- Learning and control factors
Outcomes of our Current Drug Policies (Canadian Drug Policy Coalition clip; 2:19 mins)
Vancouver Just Voted to Decriminalize All Drugs (News Article)
Canadas Top Cop Says Criminalizing Drugs Doesnt Work
This is Norways Plan to Decriminalize Drugs (HBO documentary; 7:14 mins)
How Portugal Successfully Tackled its Drug Crisis (CBC News documentary; 13:39 mins)
How Portugal and Colorado Solved their Drug Problems (Economist documentary; 15:11 mins)
Seven Public Health Officers Call for Drug Decriminalization
Federal Prosecutors Told to Avoid Drug Possession Charges
Canada is So Close to Decriminalizing Drugs
"Place your order now for a similar assignment and have exceptional work written by our team of experts, guaranteeing you A results."