For Part 2 of this Competency Assessment, you will address the following questions in a Word doc and upload it to the Assessment Dropbox:
A set can be a collection of any type of object ranging from people to places to things. Basic set theory includes the study of subsets, proper subsets, finite and infinite sets, and the logical operations on them. Set theory plays a foundational role in mathematical processes and ideas and has parallels to processes and ideas in computer engineering. This Assessment looks at two applications of the set theory to programming and databases.
Choose one of the topics below.
- Topic 1: Relational Databases: The relational database model was created by E.F. Codd in 1969 and is founded on set theory and logic. A relational database stores data in tables as well as relationships among these tables.
- Topic 2: Object Oriented Programming: Object Oriented Programming (OOP) is a type of programming paradigm that uses “objects” defined by both attributes and functions. Programmers can create instances of these objects and furthermore relationships between them for many different applications.
Write a college-level, compare and contrast essay of your chosen topic in your own words that highlights the similarities and differences between key concepts of your chosen topic and the concepts of sets. Include the following:
1) Research your chosen topic online and share two sites in APA format that will further the class understanding of this topic.
2) How are the concepts of sets utilized?
3) How are (proper and regular) subsets characterized?
4) How are relationships described?
5) Give an example of how a Venn diagram could be used to visualize some of the concepts related to this topic. You may use the software of your choice for the Venn diagram. A few online options are creatly.com or cosketch.com as well as Microsoft Word or Microsoft PowerPoint.
Every piece of writing should have an introduction, body, and conclusion. A good way to plan this particular reflective essay is to write an introduction to the essay. Next, write at least three body paragraphs and address each of the points listed above. End your essay with a conclusion paragraph tying all of your ideas together.
You are expected to use outside resources for this essay. Cite outside sources in proper APA format. You can find numerous APA resources in the Writing Center Writing Reference Library on the Research, Citation, and Plagiarism page.
"Place your order now for a similar assignment and have exceptional work written by our team of experts, guaranteeing you A results."