Module 2 Project Assignment: Ideal Society: Impacts of Culture and Socialization
Throughout this class, you will explore the concept and components of an ideal society. During this module, you will explore how culture and socialization impact society. People who reside within a society find it difficult to describe or even recognize the cultural norms, beliefs, and values of that society. However, when we view cultures different from our own, these are clearly visible. Begin considering what types of values and beliefs would influence an ideal society. Be mindful of how your perception might impact those ideals.
You should spend approximately 8.75 hours on this assignment.
- You are going to expand your ideas for an ideal society to include culture and socialization. Your paper will cover three sections: key components, theory, and the people.Project Sections (Be sure to address the following questions in each section.)Key Components:
- What is culture? How do values, norms, and beliefs apply?
- What is socialization?
- How does Cooleys three-part theory of the looking-glass self connect to the development of culture or socialization?
- How does Meads theory of the formation of self connect to the development of culture or socialization?
- There are three basic theories within sociology: functionalism, conflict, and symbolic interactionism. How can these connect to the development of culture or socialization?
- How do people learn about their culture?
- How do ethnocentrism and cultural relativism impact how people view cultures? How might these impact the development of an ideal society?
- How do people develop their sense of self? How do genetic components and social interactions impact development of people?
- How does culture affect human interaction? How do people change culture?
- What types of subcultures and countercultures appear within an ideal society? How can these relate to the dominant culture?
- The paper should be at least 3 pages (the title page and reference page do not count as part of the page requirement). The content should include information addressing the main questions, and a well-argued introduction and conclusion.
- Please include proper formatting throughout the paper. Use APA Style to format the title page, reference page, and citations. Use third-person language, double-spacing, a 12-point font, and one-inch margins. See the Writing Guide for writing help.
- Papers must include at least three sources from academic books or journal articles cited in APA Style. Need help with APA? Please refer to the CCCOnline APA Citation Toolkit.
"Place your order now for a similar assignment and have exceptional work written by our team of experts, guaranteeing you A results."