You must write and develop your treatment plan before you complete your role-play. You will be using your treatment plan in your role-play so it essential that you write it up before interviewing your role-play client. You will be submitting your treatment plan in module 6.
In this assignment you will be using both the Nichols and Gehart& Tutttle textbooks and 2 additional scholarly references. Be sure to do the following:
1. Using both textbooks—Nichols and Gehart & Tuttle—as resources, develop an initial treatment plan using one of the family therapy models discussed over the term. Be sure to use citations throughout to support the material you are using. Attached are examples of preliminary descriptions of clients that you will fully develop into a role-play script and you will use this in your treatment plan and for your role play video.
2. After fully developing your role play script, use the Gehart & Tuttle text to develop your treatment plan. In this text there are specific guidelines for early phase goals, middle phase goals and late phase goals.
3. For your treatment plan, you are to develop: the early phase goals middle phase goals and late phase goals. Use the example in the text to assist you in developing your own goals for the script you have developed.
4. In your discussion of the model you chose—because it will be a theory based plan—provide an explanation of the difference between a symptom-based treatment plan and a theory-based treatment plan. This must be at least 2 complete paragraphs.
o Explain the merits of a theory-based treatment plan. This is clearly discussed in the Gehart & Tuttle textbook. Use this textbook to fully support what you compose in your paper.
o Provide references from the textbooks to support the format of the treatment plan you develop and discuss how the therapy model concepts are incorporated into the treatment plan.
5. Provide a detailed overview of your reasons for choosing the particular family therapy model you chosen over all the other models. Discuss why the approach used to work with the family in this therapy model makes the most sense to you. This must be at least 2 complete paragraphs.
6. Include 2 additional primary/secondary references accessed from LINCCWEB to support the efficacy of the therapy model you have chosen.
7. In your treatment plan, you must provide a list of questions that you have prepared to use in your role-play.
o These questions are developed using the specific therapy model you have chosen and the treatment plan you have developed.
o This will be your first session, so you will be asking questions related to a first session but you are using your therapy model. The model uses specific kinds of questions. (The Nichols book, chapter 2 has some excellent ideas on this).
o You need a minimum of 15 questions.
o The questions must be grounded in the therapy model you have chosen, meaning they must be formulated/developed using the model you have chosen.
o You can always have more than 15 questions.
o When you are sitting with your “client” you will have the questions in front of you to guide you through the process.
8. The entire paper must be a minimum of 1500–2000 words.
9. The script is not part of the 1250–1500 words.
10. The questions are not part of the 1250–1500 words
11. APA format must be used for the treatment plan paper, and the two textbooks and two other primary/secondary resources must be utilized and cited as references for this part of the assignment.
12. Be sure to include a copy of the script you developed at the end of your paper.
13. Be sure that you have included a copy of your questions.
14. Include your references at the end of the paper.
Using the role-play vignette you developed, with you in the role of the therapist, conduct an initial interview using the treatment plan you have developed and submitted in Module 6. In your interview, be sure to:
· Speak with clear diction, appropriate volume, and appropriate speed
· Open the interview with introductions
· Facilitate the interview using meaningful questions and responses
· Be attentive to the interviewee’s answers
· Use your assessment skills to determine the reason the interviewee came to the session
· Collect information from a variety of perspectives
· Use your goal setting skills to determine the interviewee’s goal in counseling
· Discuss interventions with the interviewee
· Guide the interviewee in applying the interventions
· Discuss a follow-up plan
· Terminate the session
Videotape this role play. The video should contain at least 15 minutes of taped role playing. This video must be easily accessed for review. My suggestion is to make a YouTube video and then delete it at the end of class. Inform your interviewee that this is a class assignment and will be viewed by your instructor and will be deleted at the end of class. Do not use the role-play client’s last name in the video.
Take Note of These Video Dos and Don’ts:
1. In your role-play: because you are using the scenario/vignette you wrote, you may: Interview a friend, classmate, work colleague or family member. They will be using the script/vignette, that you wrote and they are playing the person in the role play.
· You may choose to do your role play with a friend, colleague, classmate or family member. The important aspect is that the person take on the role of the “client” who is described in the role-play script/vignette
· I suggest that if you have made connections with other students in the course that you trade places being the role-play client.
2. Your role-play client must be an adult.
3. Do not interview anyone under the age of 18. You do not have to have more than one person in the session. Remember, family therapy is a way of thinking, not how many people are in the room.
4. When you are videoing your role-play, you must be dressed in professional attire.
Do not wear shorts, t-shirts, or casual clothing. You are dressing as if you are a therapist.
5. Do attempt to set up an actual therapy setting, with you and your role play client facing each other.
6. When you are videoing your role-play, the camera must be directed in such a way that the camera captures your face and the face of your role-play client.
7. I suggest practicing first to make sure the sound is correct and the image looks professional as it would in an office setting. There are special rooms in most of the campus libraries that are nicely set up so that you can shoot a video that looks professional.
8. You can choose to make your video private on YouTube and then allow me to access it. [INSTRUCTOR ADD INFORMATION AS TO HOW TO ALLOW YOU TO VIEW THIS VIDEO. SUGGESTION: My GMail address is: firstname.lastname@example.org] Do make sure that I am able to contact you if I have any issues opening your video
9. Do include a link to your video inside the assignment dropbox for ease of access.
10. Do borrow a computer with a camera if you need to but this is required. I need to be able to assess if you are looking at the client and paying attention to how they are presenting and what they are saying..
In your role-play, you will have developed a script/vignette, submitted in module 6 to work with.
You will ask your role play client to take assume the role of the client in the script/vignette. Here are some final considerations:
1. As you prepare to interview your client, ask him or her in advance to think about themselves as playing the role of the “client” in the role-play script allow them to read it over a few times before you begin to video.
2. Do not discuss any actual or real problems of the role play client. Stick to the role-play
3. In advance of the role-play, inform your role-play client that you are not a therapist, that you are conducting a role-play for an assignment, that you are not giving them advice or telling them what to do and that the problems you can discuss relate only to the role-play scenarios.
4. Do not prompt them for answers in advance or try to play out with them what you will ask them before you make the video.
5. The video must be a minimum of 15 minutes. Videos that are less than 15 minutes will be scored accordingly.
6. I prefer that you make it a YouTube video that you can then delete after class is over, after it has been viewed and scored.
7. You must also re-submit a copy of the role-play scenario/vignette that your role-play client has assumed, along with a list of your questions that you developed for your Module 6 assignment.
"Place your order now for a similar assignment and have exceptional work written by our team of experts, guaranteeing you A results."