First: please read Tablet VI for Homework (be ready to work with this on Monday), pages 83-87.
By today, you should have read Tablet V. The battle between Humbaba and Gilgamseh / Enkidu. Poor Humbaba. I just keep thinking that he was basically minding his own business–he represents nature here, right? Man vs. Nature, and as is often the case, Man ruins nature while he tries to conquer some of it.
* I don’t like this Tablet. So…let’s do some rewriting.
Your job is to write a brief story (not a poem) about this battle…but from Humbaba’s point of view. Here are the instructions:
- Write (not in poetic verse) these two tablets (IV and V) from Humbaba’s point of view.
- You can write in the first or third person.
- While Gilgamesh and Enkidu are traveling to meet Humbaba (and fight him), what is Humbaba doing? He’s aware they’re coming, right? How does he feel? What does he expect?
- What is Humbaba’s background? What does he want out of life?
- You should write in a way that proves you know what actually happened in the textso even though this will be from a new POV and you’ll invent a lot, this is still all taking place in the world of Gilgamesh; it’s not a modern retelling.
- 3-4 pages
"Place your order now for a similar assignment and have exceptional work written by our team of experts, guaranteeing you A results."