MSN-prepared nurses must be prepared to market themselves to others so that the key characteristics and contributions of their expertise and the role are recognized and valued in the healthcare environment. However, prior to doing so, its important to understand the true labor market information and the employers that are of most interest to them. Furthermore, you need to be aware of all of the tools and resources available to you once you begin the job search, but more importantly, be knowledgeable of the strengths and barriers that may come into play as you prepare to advance their careers.
As you navigate through your program, it is never too early to begin researching what the job market looks like in your area, as well as what credentials and licenses you may need to advance within your chosen field in the future.
The purpose of this assignment is to help you feel more prepared as you begin to think about your future career and the path that you are hoping to take. First, develop a job search strategy for your chosen advanced nursing practice role. You will educate your audience on the value you bring to the healthcare team and the opportunities which exist in your chosen labor market and profession.
This assignment will be prepared as a 7-10 slide PowerPoint presentation meeting the following criteria.
- Examine the advanced nursing practice role for which you are being prepared (NP, Executive Leader, or Nurse Educator) and briefly describe the role including the history of the role, education and certifications required or preferred by employers (i.e. DEA License), and major functions of this role.
- For your selected advanced nursing practice role, please locate, research and include the following information in your PowerPoint as well:
- Projected Job Growth in state
- Average Salary Range
- Similar Job Titles
- 5 Employers who are hiring these roles in your area
Resources to utilize (not limited to):
- Assessment Walk-Through Video
- Purdue Global – Holland Code Assessment
- O*Net Online – Find Careers
- BLS Occupational Opportunity Handbook
- Google Map Search
- Create a marketing plan to support your value to the healthcare team. You will need to look at the literature beyond nursing. Address each of the 4Ps to market your advanced nursing practice role.
- Investigate at least two of the Central and Core Competencies (i.e., Direct Clinical Practice, Guidance and Coaching, Consultation, Evidence-based Practice, Leadership, Collaboration, Ethical Decision Making) described in Hamrics Integrative Model of Advanced Practice Nursing and how these competencies can influence and advance healthcare.
Your presentation must be presented in a single PowerPoint presentation. The presentation must be between 7 and 10 slides in length, not including the title and reference list slides. The presentation must use proper APA formatting as directed in the APA Publication Manual, 7th edition formatting, including a title slide and reference list with properly formatted citations in the body of the presentation.
APA 7th Edition
Requirements: This assignment will be prepared as a 7-10 slide PowerPoint presentation meeting the following criteria.
"Place your order now for a similar assignment and have exceptional work written by our team of experts, guaranteeing you A results."