Health information management professionals may move into positions of management and leadership, inheriting the responsibilities and challenges that accompany the title of supervisor in a healthcare organization. In most cases, quality improvement includes analyzing processes and employee behavior, along with being responsible for external standards that drive internal processes. A supervisor who leads staff is always preparing the members to grow into the next job level while still maintaining expectations for current productivity and work standards. Developing an effective work team requires strong leadership with a constant eye on improving the quality of the work environment.
A. Develop management techniques to monitor and promote productivity, teamwork, and regulatory compliance in health information management by doing the following:
1. Discuss effective processes supervisors use in maintaining workplace standards and guidelines.
2. Provide two examples of how a supervisor can promote productivity improvement for staff members.
3. Discuss how a supervisor can foster team building in the workplace.
B. Develop best practices and procedures to engage employees in the professional environment by doing the following:
1. Describe how you would create a professional development program for health information management (HIM) employees.
2. Recommend strategies for promoting employee morale.
3. Describe the various procedures you would apply in a situation where an employee needs performance counseling and corrective action.
4. Explain, as the manager, how employee retention, performance, and satisfaction are impacted by implementing performance improvement strategies.
C. Prepare for assuming the responsibility of a supervisor in a health information management role by doing the following:
1. Explain how common supervisory mistakes (e.g., staffing, watercooler chats, poor communication, bottlenecks in current procedures or workflow) can be used to enhance professional growth in preparation for increased responsibility in a healthcare management setting.
2. Explain how professional networking (e.g., attending in-services, volunteering for HIM roundtables) can enhance the professional growth and career development of healthcare professionals.
D. Acknowledge sources, using APA-formatted in-text citations and references, for content that is quoted, paraphrased, or summarized.
File name may contain only letters, numbers, spaces, and these symbols: ! – _ . * ‘ ( )
File size limit: 200 MB
File types allowed: doc, docx, rtf, xls, xlsx, ppt, pptx, odt, pdf, txt, qt, mov, mpg, avi, mp3, wav, mp4, wma, flv, asf, mpeg, wmv, m4v, svg, tif, tiff, jpeg, jpg, gif, png, zip, rar, tar, 7z
"Place your order now for a similar assignment and have exceptional work written by our team of experts, guaranteeing you A results."