Read the material regarding the history and regulation of alcohol advertising found on pp. 538548 of the text. Also read the article, Diageo; Study Finds Self-Regulation of Alcohol Advertising Is Working, and watch this Milton Freidman interview: Milton Friedman-Regulation in a Free Society.
In your post, consider the following questions:
- Were Spyke and Wide-Eye bad products? Justify your answer.
- Do you think these products were marketed in objectionable or misleading ways? Explain your answer.
- If you were in charge of marketing Spyke and Wide-Eye, what three approach would you have taken to promote the products, while mitigating the adverse publicity associated with them?
- Do you believe there is a need for government to place more restrictions on alcohol advertising? Why or why not? If so, what limits are needed and how would any restrictions that you propose meet the Central Hudson guidelines?
- Explain ways you disagree with the need for government to place more restrictions on alcohol advertising. Support your conclusions with specific details and scholarly research cited in APA style.
"Place your order now for a similar assignment and have exceptional work written by our team of experts, guaranteeing you A results."