- Due DateTuesday, December 10, 2019 6:00 PMPoints Possible150
- If you are using the Blackboard Mobile Learn iOS App, please click “View in Browser”
Click the link above to submit your assignment.
Students,please view the “Submit a Clickable Rubric Assignment” video in the Student Center.
Instructors, training on how to grade is within the Instructor Center.
Assignment: Applications of Graph Theory
Due Week 10 and worth 150 points
In 1736, a famous Swiss mathematician Leonhard Euler (1707 – 1783)started the work in the area of Graph Theory through his successfulattempt in solving the problem of “Seven Bridges of Konigsberg.” GraphTheory solved many problems in multiple fields (Chinese Postman Problem,DNA fragment assembly, and aircraft scheduling.) In Chemistry, GraphTheory is used in the study of molecules, construction of bonds inchemistry, and the study of atoms. In Biology, Graph Theory is used inthe study of breeding patterns or tracking the spread of disease.
Write a three to five (3-5) page paper in which you:
- Choosetwo (2) applications for graph theory within your area ofspecialization (Networking, Security, Databases, Data Mining,Programming, etc.).
- Examine how these applications are being used in your specialization.
- Determine how graph theory has advanced the knowledge in your area of specialization.
- Conclude how you will apply graph theory in your area of specialization.
- Useat least three (3) quality academic resources in this assignment. Note:Wikipedia and other Websites do not quality as academic resources.
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
- This course requires use of new Strayer Writing Standards (SWS).The format is different than other Strayer University courses. Pleasetake a moment to review the SWS documentation for details.
- Betyped, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), withone-inch margins on all sides; citations and references must follow SWSor school-specific format. In-text citations must be used appropriatelyand have a corresponding reference entry. Each reference must have atleast one in-text citation. Check with your professor for any additionalinstructions.
- Includea cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’sname, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The coverpage and the reference page are not included in the required assignmentpage length.
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
- Model relationships with graphs, functions, and trees.
- Use technology and information resources to research issues in discrete math.
- Write clearly and concisely about discrete math using proper writing mechanics.
Grading for this assignment will be based on answer quality,logic/organization of the paper, and language and writing skills, usingthe following rubric.
Click here to view the grading rubric.
- Create Submission in BlackboardStart Submission
"Place your order now for a similar assignment and have exceptional work written by our team of experts, guaranteeing you A results."