Assignment: Literature Review
Read one of the articles listed below based on the topic of research you selected in Week 1.
Note: With the exception of the Nicolas, et. al. article, all of the following journal articles can be found in the Walden Library. Click on the reference for the Nicholas article for the full text.
Fried, L., Vithiatharan, R., Davis, E., Jones, T., Hancock, K., Runions, K., … Lin, A. (2018). The school experiences of children and adolescents with type 1 diabetes in Western Australia. Issues in Educational Research, 28(3), 578–595.
Alcohol use in adolescents
Bosque-Prous, M., Kuipers, M. A. G., Espelt, A., Richter, M., Rimpelä, A., Perelman, J., … Kunst, A. E. (2017). Adolescent alcohol use and parental and adolescent socioeconomic position in six European cities. BMC Public Health, 17(1), 646.
Skin cancer in young women
Mingoia, J., Hutchinson, A. D., Gleaves, D. H., & Wilson, C. (2019). The impact of a social media literacy intervention on positive attitudes to tanning: A pilot study. Computers in Human Behavior, 90, 188–195.
Cardiovascular disease in the minority population
Muncan, B. (2018). Cardiovascular disease in racial/ethnic minority populations: Illness burden and overview of community-based interventions. Public Health Reviews. (2107-6952), 39(1), N.PAG.
Characteristics associated with quality of life in long-term care residents with dementia
Klapwijk M.S., Caljouw, M.A., Pieper, M.J., van der Steen, J.T., & Achterberg, W.P. (2016). Characteristics associated with quality of life in long-term care residents with dementia: a cross-sectional study. Dementia and Geriatric Cognitive Disorders(42):186-197. doi: 10.1159/000448806
Cultural impact of posttraumatic stress disorder
Nicolas, G., Wheatley, A., & Guillaume, C. (2015). Does one trauma fit all? Exploring the relevance of PTSD across cultures. International Journal of Culture and Mental Health, 8(1), 34–45.
Cheng, T., Small, W., Dong, H.,Nosova, E., Hayashi, K., & DeBeck, K. (2018). An age-based analysis of nonmedical prescription opioid use among people who use illegal drugs in Vancouver, Canada. Substance Abuse Treatment, Prevention, and Policy, Vol 13, Iss 1, Pp 1-11 (2018), (1), 1.
Chinneck, A., Thompson, K., Mahu, I. T., Davis-MacNevin, P., Dobson, K., & Stewart, S. H. (n.d.). Personality and prescription drug use/misuse among first year undergraduates. Addictive Behaviors, 87, 122–130.
Sommer, A. (2016). Burning fossil fuels: Impact of climate change on health. International Journal of Health Services: Planning, Administration, Evaluation, 46(1), 48–52.
Specht, I. O., Rohde, J. F., Olsen, N. J., & Heitmann, B. L. (2018). Duration of exclusive breastfeeding may be related to eating behaviour and dietary intake in obesity prone normal weight young children. PLoS ONE, 13(7), 1–11.
To complete this Assignment, write a 2- to 4-page paper answering the following questions:
Abstract and Citation
- Did the title assist in identifying whether the article would pertain to your research topic? Why?
- Does the abstract clearly summarize the main features of the article? How?
- Is the research problem easy to identity? Summarize the research problem.
- What is the specific research question being asked?
- Is the article relevant to the research question you developed? Why or why not?
- Was the article a primary or secondary source?
- How many references does it include?
- Are the references relevant and current for your research topic? Why or why not?
- What is the base perspective of the article? In other words, is it from the point of view of an administrator, health care provider, health care deliverer, politician, researcher, or educator?
- Is the article well-organized and sufficiently detailed for critical analysis? Provide an example.
- Describe the various sections of the article. Does it follow the standard research process method? Why or why not?
- Do the study findings appear to be trustworthy? Why or why not?
- Does the article provide suggestions for additional research? Please explain.
Your written assignments must follow APA guidelines. Be sure to support your work with specific citations from this week’s Learning Resources and additional scholarly sources as appropriate. Refer to the Pocket Guide to APA Style to ensure your in-text citations and reference list are correct.
"Place your order now for a similar assignment and have exceptional work written by our team of experts, guaranteeing you A results."