I’m working on a writing discussion question and need a sample draft to help me study.
part 1: Watch the TED talk, Unity in Diversity, by Reza Aslan. As you watch this talk, think and reflect on the following questions:
- How were Iranians perceived in the 1980s?
- What was Aslans coping method (for being accepted and concealing his ethnic identity)?
- Which were some of the groups that have served as scapegoats throughout American history?
- What changes peoples minds?
- After reflecting on this week’s course materials and this TED talk, what are some examples of agents of socialization that shaped people’s perceptions of Iranians in the U.S.? And, in general, what are some examples of agents of socialization and their impact on group perceptions?
Then, provide feedback to two of your classmates’ posts. Offer suggestions on anything they may have missed in their answers. In particular, offer feedback to the last question–regarding the role agents of socialization play in shaping perceptions of others.https://openstax.org/books/introduction-sociology-…
Part 2: for those who post a real-life example of conversion, brainwashing, Stockholm Syndrome, or not being exposed to socialization.
You must only post one example of conversion, brainwashing, Stockholm Syndrome, or of not being exposed to socialization. In addition, include a short description of why your case fits the description of someone/people who has/have experienced conversion, brainwashing, Stockholm Syndrome, and/or lack of socialization.
Include the url to the news story or source where you learned about the story. Make sure the url is a hyperlink, that way, I can simply click on it and it will take me directly to the story and I don’t need to copy the link and paste it to a new page.
"Place your order now for a similar assignment and have exceptional work written by our team of experts, guaranteeing you A results."