- eview Chapter 13 in the course text, Gender: Psychological Perspectives. Focus on the gender-related differences and similarities in issues related to health, including the incidence, mortality rates, diagnoses, and prognoses for various health issues; lifestyle and behavioral differences that lead to and/or possibly prevent health problems, and issues related to health delivery systems.
- Review the article on gender effects on health and health care.
- Select a physical or mental issue that interests you that has gender-related differences, and explore this health issue in some depth.
- Consider the following elements in your analysis:
- What are the differences between genders in the incidence, mortality rate, diagnosis, and prognosis of that health issue?
- What are the gender-related lifestyle and behavioral differences that lead to and prevent the health issue?
- What influence might gender have on how men and women are treated by health care professionals and the health care system?
The assignment (3–5 pages):
- Briefly describe the physical or mental health issue you have selected.
- Compare (similarities and differences) the following factors for men and women:
- The incidence, mortality rate, diagnosis, and prognosis of that health issue
- The lifestyle and behavior differences that lead to and/or may prevent the health issue
- Issues related to health care access, diagnosis, and treatment by health care professionals
- Discuss your insights on gender differences and your thoughts about how these gender differences might impact individuals from each gender, the health care system, and society as a whole.
"Place your order now for a similar assignment and have exceptional work written by our team of experts, guaranteeing you A results."