I’m working on a writing multi-part question and need guidance to help me understand better.
You will choose synonyms to replace the bold words in the sentences provided below.
You will then write to explain why you chose these particular synonyms.
However, in a year that saw the social networking juggernaut Facebook turn a profit for only the first time, it was not clear whether Twitter could achieve financial independence from its venture capital investors.
Synonym = powerhouse
Explanation: I chose the word powerhouse, because the original word, “juggernaut” indicates that that Facebook forcefully took over the social networking industry. I wanted to use a word to indicate powerful success.
- Having demonstrated its versatility as a high-tech newswire, Twitter drew the attention of those who would prefer to see certain information suppressed.
- Millions of users attempted to log into Twitter only to be greeted by the service’s iconic “fail whale,” the image of a cartoon whale being hoisted into the air by a flock of birds, signaling a site outage.
- Following the earthquake that struck Haiti in January 2010, Twitter reaffirmed its role as a powerful tool for the dissemination of information.
- Additionally, it became an effective fund-raising platform, when the Red Cross launched a mobile giving campaign that surpassed all expectations.
- High-profile users tweeted about the drive to help victims of the earthquake, and many of their followers tweeted and re-tweeted the message, helping the Red Cross raise more than $8 million through text messaging within 48 hours of the quake.
"Place your order now for a similar assignment and have exceptional work written by our team of experts, guaranteeing you A results."