I’m stuck on a Nursing question and need an explanation.
9: Bullying Victimization and Student Engagement in Schools
Students at schools with less bullying and more positive atmospheres are more engaged with their schoolwork and school communities, finds this study in School Psychology Quarterly (Yang, C., et al., Vol. 33, No. 1). Researchers surveyed nearly 26,000 Delaware public school students in fourth through 12th grade about how often they had been the victims of bullying, as well as their perceptions of their schools’ climate, including teacher-student relationships, student-student relationships, fairness of rules, clarity of expectations, school safety and respect for diversity. Students also took a survey that assessed their levels of emotional and cognitive-behavioral engagement in their schools, including how happy they felt at school and how committed they were to their schoolwork. After controlling for student and school demographic factors including gender, race/ethnicity and socioeconomic status, a positive school climate was associated with higher student engagement across all grades. DOI: 10.1037/spq0000250
A critique is a method of displaying a logical and organized analysis of a written or oral piece. Critique can provide the readers with both positive and negative outcomes depending on the author. The purpose of this assignment is for the student to perform a critique on a research article that deals with today’s health issues. In this paper the student must be diligent at what the author are claiming, taking into account the research methods being utilized and look for pros and cons of the researcher’s outcomes.
The assignment must be a minimal of five pages, excluding title page and references. The assignment must be strictly following APA guidelines, points will be deducted if otherwise. Do not use first person throughout the paper until the section called evaluate the paper.It will be divided in the following manner:
Title page: Give the name of the article, the authors name(s) and your name. Following APA
- Provide an overview of the author’s research problem, research questions and main point including how the author supports his or her point.
- Explain what the author initial objectives (hypothesis) and results including the process he or she used to arrive at such conclusion.
Evaluate the Research Methods: in paragraph form answer the following:
- Does the author provide a literature review?
- Is the research current and relevant to today existing health issues?
- Describe the research type utilized?– experimental, non-experimental, quasi experimental, etc.
- Evaluate the sample (size, composition, or in the way the sample was selected in relation to the purpose of the study? Was the sample appropriate for the research or was it bias?
- How practical does this work seem to you? How does the author suggest research results could be applied and how do you believe they could be applied?
- Could the study have been improved in your opinion? If so provide how you think it could have improved.
- Is the writing in the article clear straightforward?
- Can further research be conducted on this subject? Explain
Conclusion: In your conclusion, try to synthesize the pieces of your critique to emphasize your own main points about the author’s work, relating the researcher’s work to your own knowledge or to topics being discussed in your course.
Reference Page: APA style, see rubric below
"Place your order now for a similar assignment and have exceptional work written by our team of experts, guaranteeing you A results."