The purpose of this assignment is to provide the student an opportunity to reflect on selected RN-BSN competencies acquired through the Crisis Intervention course.
This assignment provides documentation of student ability to meet the following course outcomes:
- The student will identify the different types of crisis and their impact on the patient safety and health (AACN Essentials, QSEN: safety, teamwork and collaboration, quality improvement, informatics and patient centered care).
- The student will be able to approach and safely manage patient/families in crisis.
- The Course Reflection is worth 100 points (10%) and will be graded on quality of self-assessment, use of citations, use of Standard English grammar, sentence structure, and overall organization based on the required components as summarized in the directions and grading criteria/rubric.
- The length of the reflection is to be within three to six pages excluding title page and reference pages.
- APA format is required with both a title page and reference page. Use the required components of the review as Level 1 headers (upper and lower case, centered):
- Course Reflection
Note: Introduction Write an introduction but do not use Introduction as a heading in accordance with the rules put forth in the Publication manual of the American Psychological Association (2010, p. 63).
Preparing Your Reflection
The BSN Essentials (AACN, 2008) outline a number of healthcare policy and advocacy competencies for the BSN-prepared nurse. Reflect on the crisis intervention course write a reflective essay regarding the extent to which you feel you are now prepared to:
- Integrate theories and concepts from liberal education into nursing practice.
- Synthesize theories and concepts from liberal education to build an understanding of the human experience.
- Use skills of inquiry, analysis, and information literacy to address practice issues.
- Use written, verbal, nonverbal, and emerging technology methods to communicate effectively.
- Apply knowledge of social and cultural factors to the care of diverse populations.
- Engage in ethical reasoning and actions to provide leadership in promoting advocacy, collaboration, and social justice as a socially responsible citizen.
- Integrate the knowledge and methods of a variety of disciplines to inform decision making.
- Demonstrate tolerance for the ambiguity and unpredictability of the world and its effect on the healthcare system.
- Value the ideal of lifelong learning to support excellence in nursing practice. (p. 12).
"Place your order now for a similar assignment and have exceptional work written by our team of experts, guaranteeing you A results."