I’m studying and need help with a Health & Medical question to help me learn.
1. You are a coding supervisor for a large physician group practice. The lead physician in the group insists that you instruct your coding staff members to code all office visits across the board as the highest level code so that they get higher reimbursement. You inform the physician that coding must be based on documentation, but the physician responds, “all of the physicians in this practice perform high-level office visits, but they just don’t have time to document everything.”
Following this conversation with the physician, the practice manager calls you in to reinforce the message with an implied message that your job security may depend on cooperation with the physician’s directions. The practice manager also reminds you that you should never question anything that the physicians tell you to do since they are the ones providing your paycheck.
- Outline your options in this situation.
- Discuss the option you would choose in this situation.
- Provide the rationale for the option you chose for this situation.
2. You have been contracted as a management consultant for a health care organization that is planning to change from a traditional organizational structure to a matrix organizational chart structure.
- What steps would you recommend to effectively accomplish this task?
- What other organic structures could have been considered?
- List advantages of the matrix organizational chart structure.
"Place your order now for a similar assignment and have exceptional work written by our team of experts, guaranteeing you A results."