- Hint: I would suggest finding a peer-review journal article and as you summarize the findings, critique the study by discussing if the participants and procedures were appropriate or if you are concerned about the finding’s ability to generalize.
- Materials provided in the prompt do not meet the course reference or credible outside source requirement.
- You do not have to have an abstract or appendix
Before you submit, did you…
- Review the Written Assignment Instructions and Rubric
- Write a cohesive, organized (at least) 500-word response to the prompt above and addressing the literacy objective
- Include 1 course reference (i.e., the textbook or lecture)
- Include 1 credible, outside source (i.e., something that you find on your own and not provided through the course site or prompt)
- Use in-text citations
- Include a reference list
Read and watch the following:
- Read Taking Sides Issue 4.5: “Is the criminal justice system unfair to black families?”
- Watch “How we’re priming some kids for college — and others for prison (Links to an external site.)“
- Watch “Breaking the school-to-prison pipeline for young offenders one class at a time (Links to an external site.)“
Then answer the following questions:
- Research the incarceration rates in your area. What is thedemographic? What are the numbers for juveniles? Did these numberssurprise you? [3 points for Content rubric criteria]
- What does research say about this? [3 points for Content rubric criteria]
- What are your thoughts on the efforts to break the school-to-prison pipeline? [3 points for Content rubric criteria]
- Provide one additional suggestion to improve these institutionalized experiences. [3 points for Content rubric criteria]
Dyson, D. (2020).Taking sides: Clashing views infamily and personal relationships(11th edition).NewYork: McGraw Hill.
References for links
Goffman, A. (2015). How we’re priming somekids for college – and others for prison. Retrieved fromwww.youtube.com/watch?v=-2Dj9M71JAc
PBS Newshour. (2016). Breaking theschool-to-prison pipeline for young offenders one class at a time.Retrieved from www.youtube.com/watch?v=g4lIZKWNcwY
"Place your order now for a similar assignment and have exceptional work written by our team of experts, guaranteeing you A results."