I’m working on a English question and need guidance to help me study.
NG-102-I03 – English Composition II
The purpose of this topic proposal is to explain which reading you’ve chosen to analyze for Essay 2: Argument Analysis. Compose a one paragraph proposal of 200-250 words that includes ALL of the following:
- Title and author of reading chosen.
- What is the argument and the author’s stance? (For example, MacKay’s argument is whether organ sales should be legalized. Her stance is yes, they should, but with government regulation.)
- Identify and paraphrase ONE of the reasons the author gives in support of his/her stance. Paraphrase means to borrow the author’s idea and rephrase it in YOUR own words. A paraphrase if often just as long (or longer) than the original passage. Remember to document the material you borrowed to avoid plagiarism. Here is an example:
MACKAY: If the sale of organs were allowed, people would have a greater incentive to help save the life of a stranger.
PARAPHRASE: MacKay believes more people would be willing give an organ to someone they don’t know if it were legal and they were financially compensated (160).
- Do you agree with the author’s stance? Why or why not?
- Finally, why did you choose this reading?
You do NOT need a Works Cited page for this assignment. Please use the Standards for Written Work to format your paragraph. Save your document as Yourname.Proposal2 (.doc or .pdf), upload it here, then click the Submit button.
"Place your order now for a similar assignment and have exceptional work written by our team of experts, guaranteeing you A results."