Part I: These essay questions will appear on Test #3. If I notice similar wording in 2 student answers, both students will receive a 0 for that question and possible on the test as a whole. I expect you to complete the test ON YOUR OWN. This is the honor system – please respect yourself, your classmates and the integrity of the course. Do not work together.
Refer to the Wolf textbook; my ppt on the Ethics of Gender and Race; and the Coates and Leopold articles in answering these questions.
- Distinguish an ethics of justice from an ethics of care.
- a.) Explain the image of the birdcage. b.) Give 2 concrete examples of wires within the birdcage of sexism. c.) Give 2 concrete examples of wires within the bird cage of racism.
- Contrast the “liability theory of responsibility” and the “political responsibility model” relating to the ethics of race.
- In reference to the “Case for Reparations” article, give a detailed description of the racism that Clyde Ross and his family experienced in a.) Mississippi and b.) Chicago having to do with ownership of property.
- The following summarizes the land ethic of Aldo Leopold: “A thing is right when it ends to preserve the integrity, stability, and beauty of the biotic community. It is wrong when it tends otherwise.” (p, 225)
Explain what Aldo Leopold means by these words:
- The Community Concept (p. 203ff.)
- “Evolutionary changes, however, are usually slow and local. Man’s invention of tools has enabled him to make changes of unprecedented violence, rapidity, and scope.” (p. 217)
- “The evolution of a land ethic is an intellectual as well as emotional process.” (p. 225).
"Place your order now for a similar assignment and have exceptional work written by our team of experts, guaranteeing you A results."