Discuss any new insights, areas of concerns, and what you feel you need to know more about as you complete your studies.
Allocate 2 hours in the field to support this field experience.
As a special educator, you will have many roles and responsibilities. Collaborate with your mentor teacher to reflect on the following professional roles and responsibilities of a special education teacher:
- Case managing and managing others, i.e., paraeducators, aides
- Differentiating lesson plans with general education teachers
- Legal and confidentiality concerns when working with students and families/caregivers
- Conflict resolution among students and staff
- Being involved beyond the classroom
- Advocacy and mentoring students, families, and other colleagues
- Lifelong learning and staying current on educational trends and legislation for special education
- Any additional roles and responsibilities your mentor describes
Use any remaining field experience hours to assist the mentor teacher in providing instruction and support to the class.
After the discussion with your mentor, complete a 500-750 word reflection based on your findings. Discuss any new insights, areas of concerns, and what you feel you need to know more about as you complete your studies.
"Place your order now for a similar assignment and have exceptional work written by our team of experts, guaranteeing you A results."