I’m working on a education & teaching multi-part question and need support to help me study.
Step 1: View the digital video entitled Connecting School & Home using the following: https://www.learner.org/series/teaching-reading-k-2-workshop/connecting-school-and-home/ (59 minutes)
Step 2: After watching the video, upload/input your completed responses to the following questions:
- Did any of the ideas in the session surprise you?
- What might you do differently to promote parent involvement?
- What information would you want to know about your students’ home literacy practices and routines?
- How did the workshop participants’ perceptions of parent responsibilities compare with your own? What would you add to their list?
- Dr. Paratore referenced Luis Moll’s work related to the rich resources of every family, which he terms, funds of knowledge. How can you learn about the experiences and background knowledge of your children’s families?
The following questions pertain to the parent-teacher conference in kindergarten, first grade, and second grade. In each conference, both teachers and parents share information regarding the child’s literacy progress.
- How did the teachers and parents each contribute to a more complete understanding of the child’s literacy?
- How might you have responded to Thalia’s mother who said that she asks Thalia to read a book to her instead of reading a book together at home?
- What did you learn about Cassandra from her mother’s comments? How could this information be used in subsequent instruction and assessment?
- How did William contribute to his teacher’s and mother’s understanding of his literacy development?
The following questions pertain to Cindy Wilsons review of two students’ home literacy assignments.
- How did the home activities of each student promote literacy learning?
- What areas of language and literacy were developed with each activity?
- How did Ms. Wilson’s questions support each student as they presented to the class?
- What information did Ms. Wilson learn about both students from their home activities? How can she use this information to plan future instruction?
"Place your order now for a similar assignment and have exceptional work written by our team of experts, guaranteeing you A results."