Prepare a detailed written report discussing the potential securitythreats and vulnerabilities of a fictitious organization, AdventureScuba and Diving Institute (ASDI).
Please see the Specification section for more details on assignment submission requirements.
Adventure Scuba and Diving Institute (ASDI) is located in the UnitedStates and offers training and certification programs for scuba anddeep-sea diving. ASDI is a premier training school in the area of divingand scuba and has developed a wealth of proprietary training resources,videos, guides and manuals. The school suspects that competitors havetried to breach the organization’s computer systems to gain access tothese training materials.
ASDI’s network is comprised of two web servers, two file servers, oneemail server, 50 employee workstations, and a 50-workstation studentcomputer lab. The school also has public and private Wi-Fi availabilitythroughout the campus.
Your firm has been hired as the IT security analyst to review,evaluate, and make recommendations with respect to maintenance ofsecurity of the organization’s computer and network systems. You havebeen charged by your supervisor to prepare a preliminary reportdocumenting the most critical security threats that ASDI faces. Yoursupervisor has given you the following resources that might be useful inyour research and analysis:
- An article on the Help Net Security website (Links to an external site.)
- Common Vulnerabilities and Exposure (CVE) database search (Links to an external site.)
- Security organizations, such as Secunia (Links to an external site.)
Your supervisor has asked you to consider and account for thefollowing questions as you shortlist the threats and prepare yourreport:
- What threats are new this year and which have become more prevalent?
- Why are these threats more common and why are they important?
- What threats remain constant from year to year? Why?
- What threats do you believe will become more critical in the next 12 months? Why?
- Has an exploit been released?
- What is the likelihood of an exploit?
- How widely used is the software or system?
Specifications for this Assignment:
- Submit the report as a single document in Word format.
- 8-10 pages in length
- Document and citation formatting should be in conformity with APA- 7
- Cite and discuss at least three credible sources other than (or inaddition to) the course textbook. The three sources recommended in thisassignment description may be among these sources, which may alsoinclude sources found via Web search or in the CSU Global Library.
- Include in your report a network diagram of how you propose thenetwork structure should be configured for optimum security. You cancreate this diagram using any drawing tool, including those embedded inWord, or by drawing the diagram by hand, scanning into an image file,and then pasting into your report.
- The sections of your report should be as follows:
- Cover Page
- Table of Contents
- Executive Summary (provide a project overview and summary in this section)
- Body of the report in narrative form in two sections: Section 1 ofthe on Vulnerabilities and Threats in narrative form, providingresponses to each of the questions posed in the assignment scenario, andSection 2 on Countermeasures and Prevention
- Network Diagram
"Place your order now for a similar assignment and have exceptional work written by our team of experts, guaranteeing you A results."