Help me study for my Communications class. I’m stuck and don’t understand.
- Explain the power and impact of public speaking using examples. Apply at least two concepts/theories/vocab terms.
- List four pieces of advice you would give students when they enroll in an Oral Communication class. What should they do in order to succeed? Give examples.
- Watch any of the following TV shows.
BBC BBC (Links to an external site.); CNBC Squawk Alley/Squawk on the Street CNBC Link (Links to an external site.); PBS San Diego Historic Places Historic Places (Links to an external site.) (two of these); PBS Nova Science Nova (Links to an external site.)
- Select two speakers.
- Which of the attention getter strategies did the speaker use?
- Were they successful? If not, explain how they can improve.
Section C. Choose either activity. Answer each question as best as you can. Points will be earned by complete and depth of response.
- Explain the 7 types of visual aids.
- Watch both episodes. 2a. Cooking Episode (Links to an external site.) (or any Barefoot Contessa Video at least 20 minutes long) 2b.Painting Episode (Links to an external site.)(or any Bob Ross Video at least 15 minutes)
- Identify each kind of visual aids used in both episodes.
- How does the speaker use visual aids to help communicate the message?
- a. Review the Guidelines for Competent Use: Aids not Distractions. Review each episode. 5b. Which of the rules were broken? 5c.Which of the rules were successful?
- Briefly explain each type of Developing Competent Delivery.
- WITH THE SOUND OFF, watch the first 15-minute segments of each episode. Explain what you think is happening based on their nonverbal delivery. 2a. Young and the Restless (Links to an external site.) 2b. Impractical Jokers (Links to an external site.)
- Do the shows use any of the same nonverbals? Any different ones?
- Watch the same 15-minute segments with the SOUND ON. 4a. Young and the Restless: How were you right? How were you wrong? 4b. Impractical Jokers: How were you right? How were you wrong?
- Review how you prepared for your persuasive speech. Which of the competent delivery skills did you incorporate? Which needed work?
"Place your order now for a similar assignment and have exceptional work written by our team of experts, guaranteeing you A results."