A comprehensive understanding of a clients presenting problems depends on the use of multiple types ofassessment models. Each model gathers different information based on theoretical perspective and intent. An assessment that focuses on one area alone not only misses vital information that may be helpful in planning an intervention, but may encourage a biased evaluation that could potentially lead you to an inappropriate intervention. When gathering and reviewing a clients history, sometimes it is easier to focus on the problems and not the positive attributes of the client. In social work, the use of a strengths perspective requires that a clients strengths, assets, and resources must be identified and utilized. Further, using an empowerment approach in conjunction with a strengths perspective guides the practitioner to work with the client to identify shared goals. You will be asked to consider these approaches and critically analyze the multidisciplinary teams response to the program case study of Paula Cortez.
For this Assignment, review the program case study of the Cortez fami
- Utilizing two of the assessment models provided in Chapter 5 of the course text, provide a comprehensive assessment of Paula Cortez.
- Using the Cowger article, identify at least two areas of strengths in Paulas case.
- Analyze the perspectives of two members of the multidisciplinary team, particularly relative to Paulas pregnancy.
- Explain which model the social workers appear to be using to make their assessment.
- Describe the potential for bias when choosing an assessment model and completing an evaluation.
- Suggest strategies you, as Paulas social worker, might try to avoid these biases.
Submit your Assignment
"Place your order now for a similar assignment and have exceptional work written by our team of experts, guaranteeing you A results."