There is 2 different part of this assignment.
Part 1:For this assignment, you are going to evaluate the verbal and nonverbal aspects of a speaker’s presentation. An evaluation form is provided below to help guide your assessment of the content (what is being said) and the delivery (how it is said).
- Download: Module 03 Speaker Critique Form
You have the option to go out and observe a live event, or you can watch one of the speeches from the Library Video Options provided below. The link will take you to a collection of student speeches. The recordings are classified as informative or persuasive; you are free to choose either type.
- Library Video Options: Student Speeches for Analysis Series
Do the following, to complete this assignment:
- Print out the Speaker Critique Form (linked above), and familiarize yourself with the elements of the presentation that you will be assessing.
- View a presentation, a lecture, a sermon, or some sort of public speaking event. A live event would be great, but one of the Library Video Options (linked above) is acceptable.
- During the presentation, complete the Speaker Critique Form; consider including notes to help you remember specific details later.
- Write a 2-page paper, using proper spelling and grammar, that addresses the following:
- Provide an introduction describing who spoke, what they spoke about, and where you heard the presentation. If you chose to use a library video, be sure to clearly identify its title and provide a link to the specific video within the series.
- After the introduction, talk about what parts of the content were done well and what the speaker could have done better. Address at least 2 different elements of content.
- Next, talk about what parts of the delivery were done well and what the speaker could have done better. Address at least 2 different elements of delivery.
- End with a conclusive paragraph, giving your opinion about whether the speaker was effective or not. Explain your reasoning
- this is PART 2: Multiple sclerosis is a condition that affects the central nervous system. In this assignment, you will explore this condition in more detail using the scenario below.Scenario:
- A friend of yours discloses that he was recently diagnosed with multiple sclerosis. Being the caring friend you are, you wish to know more about the condition and how you can best support your friend. You decide to research this disease further.To complete this assignment, do the following:
- Research this disease using a minimum of 2 sources. You can use your textbook for one of the sources. Choose the remaining source(s) from the GALE Virtual Reference Library provided on the Structure and Function of the Human Body library guide page.
- In a minimum of 2 pages (not counting the references page), address the following:
- Explain how multiple sclerosis affects the nervous system.
- Describe the treatment options that are available for your friend.
- State whether it was possible for your friend to have prevented this condition.
- Include a references page at the end of your document, formatted using the APA guidelines, that lists your research sources.
"Place your order now for a similar assignment and have exceptional work written by our team of experts, guaranteeing you A results."