I’m studying for my Social Science class and need an explanation.
Instructions: Respond to prompts 1 and 2 and below. Then, select two prompts from list below and provide your responses to each of those.
1. After reading chapter 7, contrast discuss the scope and extent of individual and social harm associated with licit and illicit drug use comparatively using information from chapter 7. Can all of the costs associated with this abuse be quantified? Why or why not?
2. Find 4 examples (at least two should be local) of criminal harm associated with drug/alcohol abuse from the current news media. Provide links to the stories/events you select for forum participants. Discuss each of these stories/events in relation to materials from chapters 7 and 8 using specific references to relevant course concepts and theories.
3. Using specific references to the supplementary data provided in module #3 as well as the textbook content and concepts, discuss important trends in patterns of violent crime in the United States since 1990.
4. How is crime classified? Discuss the different types of crime that criminal justice officials and other experts keep records on. Describe the primary sources of data that are available with reference to the link in the module and other sources of data on crime. Why is all of this information useful to policy makers and to law enforcement?
5. Discuss 5 important concepts from your online textbook that are associated with the enactment of criminal justice policy (pertaining to patterns involving: arrests, prosecution, sentencing, strategies, prison systems, law enforcement operations, etc.) in the U.S. Criminal Justice System.
6. Discuss the impact and consequences of “crime in the streets” as compared to “crime in the suites” with references to the social costs of crime and using appropriate sociological concepts/theory from chapter 8.
7. With reference to chapter 7, discuss important trends in alcohol and drug abuse behaviors in the United States along with their impact on society.
Above is the link for chapter 7. Let me know if the link does not work properly.
"Place your order now for a similar assignment and have exceptional work written by our team of experts, guaranteeing you A results."