I’m working on a immunology report and need an explanation to help me learn.
Infectious Disease and Public Health
Using the South University Online Library or the Internet, conduct an independent research on the selected disease. Based on your research and understanding, create an 8 to 10 page report in a Microsoft Word document, which include a public education and disease control plan for your identified disease.
Infectious diseases come with extremely tough challenges to mitigate them and then finally get them under control. Bringing any such infectious disease under control involves a lot of decisions and cooperation between various branches of government and the health services.
Using the South University Online Library or the Internet, choose an infectious disease that was prevalent in the United States and had lasting consequences or select a disease from the following:
- Lyme disease
- Measles (rubeola)
- West Nile Fever
- Yellow fever
- Or other, if all of the above topics are not available. Each student should have a different topic!
Your paper must address the following:
- Type of disease, morphological characteristics of the pathogen, genetic & pathogenic mechanisms including resistance, clinical symptoms/virulence/progression of the disease, clinical diagnostic procedures
- Transmission mechanisms, population and individual risk factors, and human behavior(s) involved in its spread.
- Methods of prevention, infection control, clinical treatments and treatment outcomes
- Have there been instances of any historical outbreaks of the disease? How was the disease handled and controlled in your community?
- Past, current, and ongoing research pertaining to your chosen disease.
- Investigations, research studies, and other surveillance data analyses regarding your chosen infectious disease.
- A brief summary of the government’s findings and investigations about your chosen disease.
- Epidemiology of disease; instances of the emergence and re-emergence of your chosen disease.
- What percentage of population was affected by the disease?
- Information on the work conducted by government departments to mitigate the impact of your chosen infectious disease.
- What initiatives were taken by the government departments to mitigate the impact of the disease?
- What measures would you suggest in the plan to actually reduce health risks?
- What were the objectives and goals of your public education plan to control this disease?
- How would the plan allow the public to recognize pathogens are related to the cause of diseases and other health problems?
- How would the plan suggest measures to prevent the outbreak of the chosen infectious disease?
You must explain the feasibility of each specific part of your plan. Support your responses with examples. Cite any sources in APA format.
"Place your order now for a similar assignment and have exceptional work written by our team of experts, guaranteeing you A results."