I need an explanation for this Biology question to help me study.
- What are the two primary functions of the digestive system?
- Outline the pathway food takes through your digestive tract. Include all the primary organs and accessory organs that aid in the digestive process. What is the alimentary canal?
- Other organ systems such as the muscular, nervous, urinary and cardiovascular systems also help in the digestive process. Give an example of how each of the systems listed helps digestion.
- What is peristalsis and why is it important for proper digestion?
- What are enzymes and what is their function in digestion? Give an example of an enzyme and the product produced.
- The small intestine is divided into three sections. List them and their function.
- What is the primary function of the large intestine?
- You take in food and break it down into its constituent parts. What are these parts?
- What is metabolism? Name and explain the two processes that encompass metabolism and an example of each.
- What are the six major groups of nutrients?
- What compound is the be-all-end-all of molecular fuels and why?
- What group of nutrients is considered the workhorse of the body? Why?
- What does the term “essential amino acids” mean?
- Define cellular respiration and explain why its importance for living organisms.
- Explain the following equation. What does it signify? C6H12O6 + 6O2 à 6H2O + 6CO2 + 36 ATP + heat
- List the three phases of cellular metabolism and explain what each phase does. In which phase is most of the ATP produced?
- Compare the events of the absorptive state with those of the post-absorptive state. What is the body doing?
- Compare the terms glycogenolysis, gluconeogenesis, glucogenesis, and lipogenesis.
- What is basal metabolic rate?
- What are the four mechanisms of heat exchange?
Fill in answers on attached file.
"Place your order now for a similar assignment and have exceptional work written by our team of experts, guaranteeing you A results."