I’m trying to learn for my Psychology class and I’m stuck. Can you help?
Your responses must be 2 pages in length per case.
Entire assignment must be 6 pages plus a title and reference page.
Considering the indicated symptoms for all three cases below you are required to:
- Indicate the possible etiologies in a general way and the steps you would take to diagnose, treat, and manage these cases, with consideration of pharmacological intervention
- You don’t need to discuss every detail of your treatment – just write from the standpoint of a clinical psychotherapist who does not prescribe medication, but coordinates care with physicians who do.
Case Studies: Respond to all three (3):
1. Bob is a 47-year-old Native American man who comes to you with his wife of 15 years. He appears agitated and complains that he feels anxious. His wife reports that Bob has had a lot of trouble sitting still, frequently jumping up and pacing. While he has been this way throughout their marriage, it is getting increasingly worse. Bob tells you that he is a lot like his abusive father, who died of alcoholism. Bob feels that if he drank, he’d be able to relax, but swore he would never be like his father. The wife tells you that the children are frightened when Bob gets agitated as he has punched holes in walls. You notice the wife looks frightened when you ask her if she feels the children are safe in the home.
2. Steven is a 7-year-old Korean American first grade student brought to treatment by his mother. He has been disruptive in class. His teacher and the school counselor are strongly urging that Steven be put on medication for ADHD, but his mother is reluctant to do so. Steven is described as exceptionally gifted and appears bored in the classroom. His mother tells you that Steven is impatient and rageful to his younger sisters at home. She is afraid Steven is taking after his abusive father, who no longer lives in the home due to domestic violence. She tells you that their father is allowed to visit the children in the home under her supervision.
3. Melinda is an exceptionally bright, 17-year-old African American young woman, in her first year at a state college. Both parents accompany her to your office. When she came home for spring break, she started talking nonsense, saying that the college’s biology department is using a high-powered laser to alter the DNA in her brain. She has always been an “A” student and has never shown any sign of psychiatric disturbance prior to this.
LiveText Signature Assignment
At CalSouthern, we have developed institutional and program learning outcomes that will provide you the skills needed to succeed in your chosen field. These outcomes are carefully and continually reviewed with input from faculty, practitioners, Learners and alumni to ensure they are current and relevant. They are designed to ensure the success of all our graduates.
Signature assignments are created to specifically measure achievement of these learning outcomes and are embedded throughout your program. Because we know that achievement of these learning outcomes will ultimately lead to your success, it is critical for us to assess your progress along the way.
This Activity has been designated as a signature assignment for assessment purposes and must be submitted to LiveText in addition to being uploaded to the Activities Page. Please go to http://www.livetext.com to upload this assignment for assessment. Once in LiveText, you will be able to see the rubrics from which you will be assessed. You are encouraged to review these rubrics prior to completing your assignment so you are aware of how we assess achievement of these program learning outcomes.
Your grade for this assignment will not be submitted until it has been uploaded to LiveText. If you need assistance uploading this assignment to LiveText, please contact LiveTextSupport@
1. Upload assignment as normal to the Activity Page for the assignment to be graded.
2. Upload assignment to LiveText account for assessment.
"Place your order now for a similar assignment and have exceptional work written by our team of experts, guaranteeing you A results."